FAMILY VISITS AT THE MARSH
Visit our headquarters at Sombrero Marsh! Enjoy self-guided interactive exhibits, the new nature play area, and the natural beauty of the surrounding area. Head on out to the marsh to identify tracks, listen to songbirds, catch critters in a net, or just soak in the beauty from the gorgeous mountain views.
COME VISIT US AT SOMBRERO MARSH
Stop by Sombrero Marsh Environmental Education Center in Boulder (1466 63rd St. Boulder, CO 80303).
Sombrero Marsh Highlights:
- Outdoor play and learning spaces, including interactive exhibits
- Nature play area designed for children ages 3 to 6
- Trail system with boardwalks
- 45 acres of open space including both prairie and wetlands
Spring Nature Play Area Hours:
The nature play area and surrounding outdoor spaces are open outside our standard program hours from dawn to dusk.
- School Year Program Hours through May 30
- Thursdays 4 pm-5:30 pm- nature play area closed.
- Summer Program Hours May 30-August 15
- 8:15 am-5:45 pm Monday-Friday.
- During these program hours, the nature play area, the Sombrero Marsh building, and spaces around the Sombrero Marsh building are closed to the public.
Whether you are an avid birder coming to view the ever-changing species of birds at the Marsh or a family looking for a fun and free activity to do with your child, you will not be disappointed. CLICK HERE for directions to the Marsh. For more information about visiting Sombrero Marsh, e-mail email@example.com or call 303.499.3647 x100.
“My son caught a tiger salamander and the staff at Thorne helped him to identify what it was and why it lives here at the marsh. His reply was, “Mom, nature is COOL!”
– Thorne Summer Camp Mom